- 8 oranges
- 4 6-ounce frozen salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1 8-ounce package Shirataki Noodles drained and rinsed in warm water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off the top and bottom of 2 oranges. Using a small, sharp knife, cut away the peel and white pith from the oranges, following the curve of the oranges from top to bottom.
- Working over a bowl and holding 1 orange in your hand, make 2 cuts within the membrane on either side of a segment, then lift the segment out of the membrane and place it in the bowl. Repeat to remove all the segments from both oranges.
- Squeeze the membranes to release as much juice as possible.
- Transfer the accumulated juices to a 2-cup measuring cup. Set the segments aside. Squeeze the remaining 6 oranges into the measuring cup until you have 2 cups of juice total.
- Bring the orange juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce until the juice has a syrupy consistency. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook until golden brown on the outside and opaque around the sides but not quite opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the salmon fillets to a plate and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the Shiritaki Noodles in warm water to reheat. Pat dry with paper towels
- Place the salmon atop of the Shiritaki Noodles. Drizzle the warm orange reduction over and around the salmon and garnish with the orange segments.
Images might be composite representation of recipe and not an actual photo of the completed dish.