This fabulous noodle salad is Asian style and packs loads of flavor.
- Lemon Ginger Dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian chili powder (or cayenne)
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 inch section of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- The Noodles
- 1 package Fettuccine Shirataki
- 7 ounces fresh mushrooms ( sliced button, sliced shitake)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (parsley, green onion, cilantro or basil)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients, except for the sesame oil and olive oil in a food processor or hand blender. Run the blender for a few seconds, until all ingredients are combined. With the machine running, drizzle in the oils.
- Drain and rinse Shirataki Noodles very well. Place on paper towels to dry and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and when the butter starts bubbling, add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the Fettuccine Shirataki with the mushrooms, fresh herbs, sesame seeds and some of the dressing (to taste.)