Chicken Zucchini Alfredo with Fettuccine Shirataki
November 10th, 2011
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 4-ounce thin skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 package Fettuccine Shirataki
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold low-fat milk (1%)
- 1/2 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesean cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Drain the Shirataki Noodles. Rinse under warm water . Rinse well. Place on paper towels to dry.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 clove garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, cover and cook until tender, stirring, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat another tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour and low-fat milk in a bowl.
- Place the remaining 1 clove garlic and 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, 30 seconds.
- Add the flour-milk mixture and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add the evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cheese; stir to melt, 1 minute.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Toss with the Fettuccine Shirataki, sauce, zucchini and parsley, adding water to loosen.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.